Monday, December 27, 2010

Plans

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

-Jeremiah 29:11

Well, I'm all moved in! :) I've got my very first apartment now and it's a lot more exciting than even I thought it would be.

Is it weird to be stoked about your first electric bill too?

I'm sure I'll hate it in a couple months. ;)

The move went pretty smoothly, however, I will make a mental note to cut down on all the miscellaneous crap that I own; when it came time to finish the move it was all the little odds and ends that were left over. Ugh.

Everything is still chaos in my room, but thats nothing new I guess...

Roommate Rob said he had a free Redbox rental and wanted to know what I was up to. I said I had no plans so we decided to have Monday movie night...pizza, chips and soda included. It was a success! We watched Knight and Day, which, if you don't know is a Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz tag team effort at making an action movie.

While parts were entertaining it left a lot to be desired...of course, what can you expect from a guy who's last interesting movie was....uh....hmmm. Yup, so anyway...

Oh! And later that night my buddy Mike stopped by to visit! So good to see him!

I feel really blessed to be where I am. I do not think it is a coincidence that everything fell into place for the Oshkosh transfer. To be honest I really don't believe in coincidence at all.


I will be honest though, I'm very nervous. This whole move is based on faith...and faith is something I've never been real good at.

I don't like the idea that my life is out of my own personal control. Have you ever felt that way?
I mean, it's kinda stupid...


Life by its very nature is unpredictable. To many variables ya know? It's not a math formula which, by plugging in the right "a" and adding it to the right "b" I will end up with "c". There is never a guarantee that it'll turn out just how I want it to.

So many people live fighting this truth and they end up frustrated and bitter. I know I've struggled in this realm in the past...

But God's words through Jeremiah always bring me back to this truth:

"Yeah, I can't control my life and my future, but God is with me. He guides my steps and wants the best for me."

And knowing this truth, while a little scary, also brings me great peace.

Why wouldn't I want to trust the Creator of the universe with my future?

No matter who you are today, or where you've come from it is my hope that you realize you too are in His hands. Even when life seems chaotic, out of control or so dark that you can't see your next step; He is holding you and guiding you through.

What better plan to be a part of?

No comments: