Monday, March 7, 2011

The Mondays...

Friday night was Oshkosh Pulse!

It was super sweet! There were about 4200 people in attendance to see Skillet, Superchick and Flame and as the doors opened up and students started pouring in I couldn't help but stand in awe of all God was doing.


The main purpose of the event was to share a message of hope with the UW Oshkosh campus and to help them see that life is about more than just drinking, partying and having sex all the time. There is more...

To be able to share that with a room of 4000+ people was pretty neat and it was stellar to see all the work pay off.

Since the weekend I've been finding myself in need of a reminder of that message.

If you've read any of these posts, hopefully you will know that I strongly believe (and am a prime example) that Christians do not, by any stretch of the imagination, have it all together. I did not become a Christian to preach how good I am to the world, 'cause Lord knows, nothing that I've ever done could even remotely be misconstrued as perfect in any way, shape or form.


So here I am on Monday...

Reflecting on the past few weeks and all that's transpired; the highs, the lows...

and wondering why the hell I'm in Oshkosh.

If you know me at all you will know that I generally don't like change. I don't. I tend to hold onto what was instead of just rolling with what is...

Honestly, I really don't know how to change this. All I know is that I'm back here and things are anything but how I thought they'd be. I feel like a puzzle piece that has managed to jump from its box to another one.

I don't fit.

I really truly don't feel like I've ever fit...

Being a part of Pulse was sweet. It was intense and exhausting but amazing. Yet, if I hadn't been back in town I'm certain they would've found someone who could do the same things as well, if not better than myself.

I really don't think it'd make a difference if I left. Just picked up and moved and didn't tell anyone. Sadly, however, while I may be replaceable, there are so many people in my life that I feel are irreplaceable. If they left my life it'd hurt real bad. But I can't do anything about that because it is a fact of life that people leave.

People change.

Hmmm. So where to go from here...


There's no answer to this one. Guess I'm going to have to wait.


On a completely unrelated note:

Klayton of Celldweller has become my new favorite musician and I've been rocking out to the song Eon for the past day or so, so feel free to check it out... :)





No comments: