Thursday, March 31, 2011

That One Guy, That One Song

So at work they play this stuff called "Muzak" in the lobby.

Basically the point of it is to be noise, but noise that the clients are barely aware of. So in reality it serves no point except to drone on in seemingly endless strains which have no beginning or end and annoying the hell out of me in the process.

However, upon moving to Oshkosh the lobby music has changed to a shuffle of junky 90s tunes, 80s love ballads and mediocre modern pop. It's an upgrade, but not by much...

One day a guy came in and plodded up to my window. As I began to take care of his transaction he looked at me and said, in a super-legit-dude way; "So you guys bump Owl City here huh?

I tried hard not to just look blankly back at him.

If you aren't at all acquainted with Owl City please understand that it is not the type of music one "bumps." Really. It's not. It's not bad, it just isn't "bumping" music.

However, being the professional worker I am, I chortled along with him and made some witty quip about how we are awesome like that and proceeded to tell him why he should open a checking account...

I've noticed, however, that even the most resilient of minds can be worn down over time.

Every so often a song comes along that is so cutesy and sweet and nauseating that one cannot help but like it. You know the type right? The type of song that every couple thinks is written about them? The type of song that is so sweet and sugary that one needs to go to the dentist afterward to be sure there are no cavities? Yeah, its one of those. The song is called Two Is Better Than One.

I am not a Taylor Swift fan.

Nor am I a Boys Like Girls fan.

And I am rather skeptical about romantic love lately, so I'm not really sure why I like this song other than the fact that I listen to it 8 hours a day.

Some things just stick.

Maybe it was meant to be...

No comments: