Thursday, April 21, 2011

Voice of the Voiceless

My friend Kelsey told me about the organization called Invisible Children a few years ago.

She said it'd be "right up my alley," whatever that means...

Last night Invisible Children did a presentation at the union on campus, and I attended.

Kelsey was right.

Check out their story!

http://vimeo.com/3765611

Invisible Children saw peace come to Northern Uganda, but the Lord's Resistance Army has branched out into surrounding countries and are continuing to commit the same atrocities they did in Uganda. Abducting children and turning them into child soldiers, killing, raping and burning their way through Africa.

No one should have to live in slavery.
No one should be forced to commit atrocities.
Least of all children.

I now see why Jesus' most violent imagery was used to describe the fate of those who would lead children astray!

I am joining their Tri Movement, and am donating on a monthly basis to help fund the communication network that Invisible Children is assembling to track the movements of the LRA. The funds also go to rescuing and rehabilitating child soldiers. To giving them back some semblance of the life they should've had...

I am so blessed to live in this country. I am so blessed to have a job, a home, and to be able to walk down the streets without fear...

We are blessed to bless others. We aren't meant to keep everything for ourselves.

My prayer, is that I would use every last breath within me to reach out and help to share this blessing, to bring freedom to those who need it most.

Through any means possible.

No comments: