Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sporadic Recommendations...

I know some like to throw out their recommendations on a set day during the week...but I like spontaneity.

So here are my Thursday picks.


Video:

Runner Runner- I Can't Wait (Be My Wife)

Quite possibly the only fault that I find with this song is the stunningly un-original, un-creative title. Otherwise it is a gem, and sure to make countless wedding couple slideshows/videos.






















Blog/Humor:








I'm THAT Girl Who...

I don't know THAT girl who personally...but reading her blog has been exceptionally enjoyable. It is a clever concept blog that ventures from the profound to the blissfully comical. I damn near broke my face smiling, and injured my neck nodding in agreement when I read...

"i'm THAT girl who hates customers."

http://imthatgirlwho.blogspot.com/2011/04/hates-customers.html


Drink:

Naked Juice
(Strawberry Banana Blend)

Essentially a fruit smoothie. True they cost $3-4/bottle;but for those who are too lazy, like myself, to actually buy fruit to keep in their homes, yet have nagging moments of guilt about not getting the necessary fruits and veggies...well...

Naked Juice takes care of at least one of those problems.

Mum would be so proud...


Book:

Sex God- Rob Bell


Sex God explores the deep
connections between sexuality and spirituality.

In a culture that often deems sexuality purely as a biological act, Rob's perspective is a breath of fresh air. It definitely changed or challenged my perspectives on the role of sex and the role of God in life.

Plus it has the word "sex" in the title so that is bound to ensure that it will sell a few more copies...


Well, there you have it friends! Hope you enjoyed!

I will bid you adieu until the next time that I randomly spazz out on the blogosphere.

-JC

3 comments:

sophie leigh said...

I really like your blogs, very interesting and thought provoking :)

THAT girl who said...

Dude, you're killing MY face 'cause I'm smiling now. I had the WORST day at work this morning, and to see that you like my blog is such a turn around.

I had a manager ask me "Oh are there not any tables in here to fold today?" because I happened to be standing around for a second, and I just thought to myself, what a condecending a-hole.

BUT THANK YOU.

And btw, I'm downloading that runner runner song this very moment. I've never heard it before. It's great. I love finding new music--makes my iPod sigh in relief.

Josh said...

Sophie: thank you so much for taking the time to read! I love and appreciate your comments!

THAT girl: glad to help in some small way! :) some days people suck but what can you do? I do love reading your blog! Keep up the great work! :)