Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Josh's Wednesday Picks

Website: I Am Second

Story matters.
Your story matters.

I Am Second is a website of stories; celebrities and individuals alike who have experienced God's love and they share how it has impacted them personally.

I first encountered I Am Second when a friend sent me the link to former Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch's story.

Check it out, browse the stories, and enjoy!

Blog: Yeti's Movie Corner

A good friend of mine recently started a blog to review movies. He has always been my "go to" guy for movie advice and, while we haven't always seen eye to eye, he is brilliant when it comes to movies.

Couple that with a slightly sarcastic, yet humorous edge I see quite a lot of laughs in your future if you choose to stop by Yeti's Movie Corner!


Book: Blue Like Jazz
"I once listened to an Indian on television say that God was in the wind and the water, and I wondered at how beautiful that was because it meant you could swim in Him or have Him brush your face in a breeze."-D. Miller (Blue Like Jazz)

If you read no other book in your entire life, read this book! I kid you not. This book has substantially shaped, molded, and even changed my views about God and faith and such.

Super easy to read.
Laced with clever humor.

Donald Miller fashions together a clever series of essays about his life adventures and the God behind it all!

Drink- Apple Pie

Why yes, I am recommending an adult beverage! Apple pie is quite possibly the single most delicious alcoholic drink I have ever had the pleasure of sampling!

Drink it hot, cold, or lukewarm, and it will still tickle your gullet as it goes down leaving a lovely "yum" sensation in your belly!

If there wasn't the potential to get drunk off it, it would certainly accompany my breakfast, lunch and dinner meals!

Alas, that is actually called alcoholism, so for now I'll refrain from doing so. But seriously, try it sometime.

Song: Best Is Yet To Come- Red

From their album 'Till We Have Faces', Best Is Yet To Come is an anthem of hope to all who wish for a new start.

We all have brokenness in our lives, but it doesn't have to be the end, it may be just the beginning!

No comments: