Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Madness

Here are Monday's Picks!

Website: Happy News

No joke. I actually found this site on a super depressing winter day. I literally Googled 'Happy News.' The site actually made me smile a bunch that day. I go back and casually peruse on occasion. I'm grateful for the optimists that are out there in the world!

Movie: Tangled

Honestly, when I heard about this movie I thought it'd be the dumbest movie in the world.

I mean, the actual fairytale is wicked sweet...Mother Gothel actually gouges out the prince's eyes and such.

Disney has a way of taming down the classics and making them accessible to children for some reason.

However, my friend Theresa said she was going to see it in the union for $2 and I was bored that night so I came along...

Fan-freakin'-tastic movie!

It is definitely one of my new favorite Disney movies! Rapunzel is adorable, her male counter-part, the roguish "Flynn Ryder", is hilarious, rough around the edges and most importantly not a 'Prince Absent' as some will remember from a prior post...

Album: Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King

I've never been a huge fan of the Dave Matthews Band. They have put out enjoyable music for quite some time, but I never really got into them, until now. Once I heard this album I fell in love. The musicianship is incredible, the songs don't all sound the same and it is a beautiful tribute to former saxophonist LeRoi Moore.

Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King has certainly earned its place amongst my 'Summer Anthem Albums.'

Book: It's Kind Of A Funny Story- Ned Vizzini

One of the best books I've read in awhile. My friend Nicole lent it to me, and when I finally had a chance to sit down and dive in, I couldn't put it down!

A riveting story about a young teenager who struggles with depression, Craig decides that life is no longer worth living and plans to commit suicide. He gives a suicide hotline a call before leaving the house and, upon deciding to take their advice, checks himself into the hospital.

From there he is admitted into a psychiatric unit. In the ensuing story Craig finds that there is so much more to live for than he ever could've imagined...

Thing to do: Walking

I don't exercise, but I do enjoy a nice walk. Preferably in the moonlight, along the beach...with one or two margaritas to follow...

Lately, I have been walking a couple miles to work each day, and it's actually really nice! I listen to some music, enjoy the fresh air and have a bit of me time.

Saves on gas, and, hopefully will keep my shape semi-intact.

Put some miles on your shoes, not your cars! You won't regret it!

1 comment:

LAENA said...

When you go walking, do you wear your purple tracksuit like the one pictured? I hope so LOL
And if you're going to take long, moonlit walks on the beach, the margaritas should be in hand DURING, not after ;)

I haven't seen "Tangled" yet. I keep hearing that I need to. I guess I should go pick it up. I'm a little behind. Just saw "Up" this weekend. LOVED it!