Thursday, July 28, 2011

101

This is officially my 101st post.

Doesn't seem like a lot, certainly not with some of the numbers that get thrown around in society today...

But 101 posts are quite a lot when you write each of them.

It has been well over a year, approaching two, actually, since I started this journey.

It started as a simple journal.
It was never too personal; as a matter of fact, it has always been a public blog.

I guess I figured that, with so many bloggers out there in the world, all doing their own thing, I really wouldn't have to worry about anyone reading this.

I'll never forget my first followers.
It is such a cool feeling not only to be creating something purely for yourself, but also the discovery that others have actually taken the time to read, and appreciate, what you've been up to in your spare moments.

I'll also never forget deciding exactly what I want this space to be.

I wanted it to be a place that was real.
A place that had a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.
A manifestation of overactive imagination.

But not only that...

I wanted to create a place to see things, perhaps, a bit different than the common thought.
A place where people can come to, just as they are, and relate.
A place where Jesus doesn't wear a suit and tie, and he doesn't ask you for your money.

I wanted it to be a place that people could understand, that Christians aren't crazies that believe in aliens and spaceships, and yell rudely at people to "turn or burn."

Perhaps I succeeded, perhaps not...

I'm just me, and I love that you spend time here, reading me.
My life, musings, thoughts, hopes and dreams.
My fears, my imperfections, my insecurities, all of it...
I feel as though you are living alongside me, though we may be states, or even worlds apart.

It has been a crazy journey so far.
There has been joy, pain, tears and love.
There have been days when I didn't know if I could keep going,
there have been days when I can't stop.
And it is in this space that I have rediscovered my passion, and that is writing.

We write pages every single day.
We write our stories into the stories of others.
We have the potential to create tragedy and happy endings...

This space has blessed me, because I've been privileged to meet a small group of new friends. Their writings have shaped me and moved me, sometimes to smiles sometimes to tears.

Never underestimate the power of your words, you may be influencing someone a world away, and never know it.

If I could say one thing today it would be this:

My name is Josh, and I love you.

May you know that I fully mean every word.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my space, read my thoughts, and share your life with me. It has certainly been an unforgettable couple years... :)

3 comments:

Elana Jade Rebel said...

Wow Josh, that's awesome!!!! I hope I can make it to this many posts! I feel the same way you do about blogging, being able to enjoy the refreshing liberation of your thoughts and feelings and meeting new people along the way. I'm so glad we met :D AND I REALLY HOPE YOU GET THE BOOK! It was only $2.68 at Amazon, now I think it's $3.43 or something :D

Josh said...

Thanks Elana! :) I agree that it is super awesome that we met! :) I'll let you know if I do end up purchasing it, I tend to create long lists of "to read" books, and generally takes me awhile to work through em! lol.

Elana Jade Rebel said...

Yay I'm glad you think so also :D. I do that too!!! Lol I still need to start The Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood books) and read Volumes 5-7 of The Vampire Diaries. Bong Water is a short read, only 189 pages. I hope you get it! I think you'll get a kick out of it :)