Friday, April 13, 2012

Fight

It's been a little over two years, since I felt completely void of hope.

Two years.

I remember what it was like to this day. It was like a foggy London day. A haze so dense that I wasn't able to walk with purpose to my destination, but rather stumbled around blindly hoping to find...something. Anything.

A gnawing feeling, that just ate at my insides. Restless, discontent, never resting, never letting me rest...

This past Wednesday night, I went to a presentation in Appleton. It was a presentation I'd seen before, but though the message was the same, it's a message that is worth repeating.

We're all living stories. Our story is important.

Our story is worth fighting for.

I remember wanting to give up so badly. I remember thinking that there wasn't anything worthwhile about my story, and that there would never be anything worthwhile to it.

I think about it now, the people I've met since, the experiences I've had, the experiences I look forward to. I think to myself... "I could've missed all of this."

At some point I stumbled out of the thick fog. At some point my head began to clear... It was a complete accident, but also seemed to have a touch of providence reverberating to it's core.

I felt exhausted. Like someone lost in the ocean, swimming in every which direction, looking for land, for rest. Only after I'd given up completely, and began to sink, a savior showed up. Life has been quite different ever since.

Life isn't perfect.

When you're living a story, there are inevitably parts that aren't desirable. There are boring, mundane parts. There are negative, painful parts. There are parts that make us want to put the book down, to give up, to stop writing because it just seems like it's too much.

And then there are the great parts, the parts that keep us turning the pages, wondering what will happen next.

But, when you find yourself in the times that tempt you to give up, you have a choice to make.

Do you surrender, or do you fight?

I want you to know, you're not alone. I've been there. I almost gave up...and I almost missed out.

There is life to be had for you. This isn't the end of your story. You matter. It's worth fighting for...

Don't give up.
Don't surrender.
You have too much to offer the world.

No comments: