Saturday, April 7, 2012

Real

When people create their own blog space there are so many reasons they can do it.

Sometimes, they want to create a journal of sorts, or have an outlet for their fiction writing. Some do a concept blog, or a vlog (video blog); still others showcase artwork.

Blogger, like Facebook, is a great place to share ideas, and to actually construct an image. In fact, some people that I know actually like their online life better than their actual life. If you can imagine that.

I want you to know this: When you visit Perspectives, you're getting about as close to me, short of actually meeting me in person, as you can get. I don't want to create a mask here. I don't want to be an image. I want to be me. I want it to be the real deal.

And the truth is, sometimes life isn't always peachy. Sometimes life can suck. Then again, sometimes you can be on cloud 9 the very next day. I'm not static. I'm a person who has his ups and downs. I mess up, I get back up and try again.

This is a space that allows my friends (you who read this) to see, spilled out in blog format, just what goes on in my mind. It won't always be pretty, but it's real.

I guess what I'm saying is this, I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful that you take time out of your day to stop by and read the chronicle of growing up, learning painful lessons, and moving forward through them.

Thank you for inspiring me to write more.

No comments: